Office Location is Irving, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico

Financing Available

Call 214-609-2242

Bedford Immigration Lawyers

Bedford, TX deportation defense lawyer

Attorneys for Visa Applications, Adjustment of Status, and Citizenship in Bedford, TX

The United States of America provides people with many different opportunities, and it offers a safe place to live, as well as a variety of benefits for citizens or other residents. Because of the freedoms, opportunities, and benefits that people can take advantage of, many foreign citizens hope to be able to come to the United States. Immigrants who wish to relocate to the United States permanently or people who are planning temporary or short-term visits will need to meet different types of requirements. There are a variety of laws and other issues that may apply, and to make sure matters related to immigration will be addressed correctly, it is important to work with a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer. John W. Lawit, LLC assists with immigration cases in Bedford and the surrounding areas.

Assistance With Immigration-Related Matters in Bedford, Texas

We help immigrants, visitors, and sponsors address multiple different types of immigration issues, including:

  • Family-based visas - U.S. citizens can sponsor spouses, children, or parents for immediate relative visas, or they can apply for fiancé visas in order to get married to foreign citizens. Family preference visas, which are available in limited quantities, may be available for immediate family members of lawful permanent residents or non-immediate family members of U.S. citizens.
  • Employer sponsorship - U.S. employers can sponsor foreign employees for immigrant visas, which are issued in order of preference, with priority being given to those who have extraordinary abilities. Temporary work visas such as H-1B visas may also be available for qualifying workers, and they will allow a person to stay in the United States for a limited number of years.
  • Non-immigrant visas - While the requirements for entering the United States for a temporary visit may be less strict than for those who wish to obtain permanent residence, visitors will still need to provide certain types of documentation and answer questions asked by immigration and customs officials. Temporary visas include tourist visas, student visas, or visas for temporary workers.
  • Investor visas - Foreign citizens who plan to invest in U.S.-based businesses or commercial enterprises may qualify for either immigrant or non-immigrant visas.
  • Green cards - Immigrants may apply for lawful permanent resident status. Non-permanent residents who are currently present in the U.S. may qualify for a green card if they meet the requirements for adjustment of status.
  • Waivers of inadmissibility - When applying for a visa or green card or at other stages in the immigration process, officials may determine that a person is inadmissible to the United States. In some cases, immigrants may qualify for waivers that may address inadmissibility due to criminal convictions, fraud or misrepresentation during the immigration process, or health issues, or provisional waivers may be available for those who had an unlawful presence in the United States for at least six months.
  • Citizenship - After maintaining lawful permanent resident status for the required number of years, a person may apply for naturalization and become a U.S. citizen.
  • Deportation defense - In cases where a person is detained by immigration officials or receives a Notice to Appear in immigration court, they will need to determine their options for defending against removal from the United States. In some cases, an immigrant may request an immigration bond hearing so that they can be released from custody during their deportation case.
  • Humanitarian relief - There are a variety of options available to immigrants who may be at risk of harm if they are deported. These include U visas, VAWA self-petitions, temporary protected status, applying for asylum, or participation in the DACA program.
  • Appeals - Unfavorable decisions in immigration courts or other decisions made by immigration officials may be appealed. We can help immigrants determine their options for filing appeals or asking that cases be heard in federal courts.

Contact Our Bedford Immigration Attorneys

John W. Lawit, LLC can advise you of your rights and options during an immigration case, and we will assist you as you work to meet all of your legal requirements and address any issues that you may encounter. Contact us and arrange a consultation by calling 214-609-2242.

  • Trust Analytica
  • Best Law Firm
  • Martindale
  • Martindale
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • Super Lawyer
  • Elite Lawyer
  • Best Lawyers
  • Leading Counsel
  • Top Immigration Lawyer in Fort Worth
  • Three Best Rated
  • Three Best Rated 2024
  • Three Best Rated 2023
  • Legal Directorate
Spanish Back to Top