Office Location is Irving, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico

Financing Available

Call 214-609-2242

Euless Immigration Lawyers

Euless, TX green card and visa application lawyer

Attorneys Assisting With Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visa Applications and Deportation in Euless, Texas

There are multiple types of complex legal issues that affect those who wish to travel to the United States, people who plan to sponsor others for immigration, and immigrants whose legal status is in question. Since there are many factors that can affect these cases, different people will have different requirements that they will need to meet. Understanding the laws that apply in a certain situation, the forms that will need to be submitted, and the other steps that will need to be taken during the immigration process can be difficult. To ensure that these matters will be handled correctly, immigrants, sponsors, visitors, and others who are involved in a case can secure legal representation from a skilled and experienced attorney. John W. Lawit, LLC offers representation for people in Euless and other nearby communities who need to address matters related to immigration, and we are dedicated to helping our clients resolve these issues as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Obtaining Authorization to Enter the U.S.

The first step in the process of immigration will usually involve an application for a visa that will provide a person with authorization to travel to the United States and seek permission to enter the country. The types of visas that will apply in a certain situation will be based on whether a foreign citizen is planning to stay in the country temporarily or live in the country permanently. A person may apply for visas such as:

  • Immediate relative visas - U.S. citizens can apply for visas on behalf of family members who are considered to be immediate relatives, including their spouse, minor children who are unmarried, or parents.
  • Fiancé visas - A citizen of the United States can apply for a visa on behalf of an intended spouse living in a foreign country. The couple will be required to become legally married within 90 days after the foreign fiancé(e) enters the country.
  • Other family-based visas - Family preference visas may allow certain family members of U.S. residents to come to the United States and seek permanent residence. Limited quantities of these visas are available, and they are granted based on a certain order of priority. Qualifying family members may include parents, siblings, and married or unmarried adult children of U.S. citizens, as well as spouses, parents, and unmarried minor children of lawful permanent residents.
  • Employment-based visas - Foreign workers may come to the United States with the help of an employer who serves as a sponsor. Some workers may qualify for immigrant visas, while others may receive non-immigrant visas allowing them to stay in the country for a short-term period.
  • Investor visas - Foreign citizens may qualify for immigrant visas through investment in job-creating businesses. Other investors may qualify for non-immigrant visas that allow for temporary visits while making business investments.
  • Student visas - Foreign citizens may pursue educational opportunities in the U.S. and receive temporary visas that will allow them to attend a college, university, high school, or vocational training program.
  • Other non-immigrant visas - Visitor or tourist visas will generally be available for those who make short-term visits to the U.S. without pursuing employment or participating in accredited education programs.

Living in the United States Permanently

Those who are eligible for immigrant visas may also be eligible for green cards, and if they are recognized as lawful permanent residents, they can live in the U.S., seek employment, and travel domestically or internationally. People who are in the U.S. but do not have legal status allowing them to remain in the country permanently may qualify for an adjustment of status. Immigrants may need to address issues such as criminal convictions by applying for waivers of inadmissibility. Those who have valid green cards, maintain continuous residence for a certain number of years, and meet other eligibility requirements can apply for U.S. citizenship.

Defense in Removal Proceedings

Non-citizens living in the United States may be subject to immigration detention, and both documented and undocumented immigrants may need to determine how to defend against deportation. Our lawyers help immigrants who are involved in removal proceedings determine their legal options, including requesting bond hearings that may allow for their release and applying for humanitarian relief.

Contact Our Euless Immigration Attorneys

To get legal help and representation with immigration-related issues, contact our law office by calling 214-609-2242. We provide representation for clients in Euless and the surrounding communities, and we also work with people throughout the United States and around the world.

  • Trust Analytica
  • Best Law Firm
  • Martindale
  • Martindale
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • Super Lawyer
  • Elite Lawyer
  • Best Lawyers
  • Leading Counsel
  • Top Immigration Lawyer in Fort Worth
  • Three Best Rated
  • Three Best Rated 2024
  • Three Best Rated 2023
  • Legal Directorate
Spanish Back to Top