Office Location is Irving, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico

Financing Available

Call 214-609-2242

Irving Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyers

Euless immigration lawyer for tourist, visitor, and temporary worker visas

Dallas County Visa Application Attorneys for Students, Tourists, Temporary Workers, and Other Non-Immigrants

In many cases, the immigration process is focused on ensuring that a person will be able to receive authorization to live in the United States permanently. An immigrant visa will allow a person to enter the U.S. and obtain employment, and they may also be able to receive a green card and eventually apply for U.S. citizenship. However, there are many people who plan to stay in the United States temporarily. Whether they are visiting the U.S. for pleasure or to pursue education or employment, a person will need to obtain a non-immigrant visa and ensure that they have met all of their requirements under the immigration laws of the United States.

At John W. Lawit, LLC, our attorneys understand the steps a person will need to take to obtain a visa, and we can also help address other issues that may affect people who plan to travel to the United States. We can assist with visa applications, ensuring that they are filed correctly and include all required information. We can also provide advice on the steps a person may be able to take to remain in the U.S. on a more permanent basis while ensuring that they understand the laws that apply to them and how they can avoid any penalties that may affect their ability to return to the United States in the future.

Types of Non-Immigrant Visas

There are a variety of different types of visas that will allow a person to visit the United States, and in some cases, they may be able to receive authorization to live and work in the U.S. on a short-term or temporary basis. Non-immigrant visas include:

  • Student visas - International students may receive F-1 visas allowing them to study in the United States at an approved educational institution such as a university, seminary, or high school. M-1 visas allow students to receive vocational training in the U.S. Students who participate in Exchange Visitor Programs may receive J-1 visas.
  • Temporary worker visas - Multiple types of employment-based visas are available for people who will be living and working in the U.S. for a limited period of time. A limited number of H-1B visas may be issued each year for workers in specialty occupations. H-2A and H-2B visas are available for agricultural and non-agricultural workers who perform temporary or seasonal work. Other visas may be available for athletes, artists, entertainers, people with extraordinary abilities or achievements, or participants in cultural exchange programs.
  • Investor visas - People, partnerships, or corporate entities of countries that have treaties with the United States may qualify for E-2 visas that allow visitors to come to the U.S. to develop and direct commercial enterprises that have a significant economic impact in the United States.
  • Tourist and visitor visas - B-2 visas allow for temporary visits to the U.S. for tourism or vacation purposes, to visit with family members or friends, to participate in amateur sports events, to receive medical treatment, or to pursue recreational studies that do not provide credit toward a degree. B-1 visas are available for those who wish to travel to the U.S. for business purposes, such as to negotiate a contract, attend a professional convention, or settle an estate. Citizens of certain countries may be able to use the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) to enter and stay in the U.S. for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.

Contact Our Carrollton Temporary Visa Attorneys

If you have questions about the types of visas that will be needed for temporary visits to the U.S., the options for extending a stay under a non-immigrant visa, or any other legal issues that may affect a person who plans to live in the United States on a short-term basis, our firm can help you understand your options and assist with filing visa applications. Contact our office and get assistance with immigration issues by calling 214-609-2242. We serve clients in Addison, Farmers Branch, Irving, Arlington, Dallas County, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Euless, Bedford, Carrollton, and Grapevine.

  • Trust Analytica
  • Best Law Firm
  • Martindale
  • Martindale
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • Super Lawyer
  • Elite Lawyer
  • Best Lawyers
  • Leading Counsel
  • Top Immigration Lawyer in Fort Worth
  • Three Best Rated
  • Three Best Rated 2024
  • Three Best Rated 2023
  • Legal Directorate
Spanish Back to Top