Office Location is Irving, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico

Financing Available

Call 214-609-2242

Irving Fiancé Visa Lawyers

Coppell family immigration lawyer for fiance visas

Dallas County K Visa Attorneys Helping U.S. Citizens and Foreign Fiancé(e)s

There are a variety of different avenues for family-based immigration. In many cases, people living in the United States will provide sponsorship for family members with existing relationships. However, those who are looking to establish new family relationships also have options for helping a foreign citizen immigrate to the U.S. In cases where a U.S. citizen plans to marry someone from another country who is outside the United States, the couple can obtain a K visa for the foreign fiancé(e). By following the correct steps during this process, a couple can make sure they will be able to get married and live together in the United States.

When addressing issues related to family immigration, it is important to work with a lawyer who has a strong understanding of the laws and procedures that must be followed. At John W. Lawit, LLC, our attorneys have been working in the field of immigration law for more than 40 years, and we have helped many families apply for visas, obtain green cards, pursue citizenship, and address other concerns. We can make sure you provide the correct information and documentation when applying for a visa, and we will also help you determine the best ways to resolve any issues that may affect you now or in the future.

The Immigration Process for Fiancé(e)s

K-1 nonimmigrant visas are available for foreign citizens who plan to come to the United States to get married to U.S. citizens. To be eligible for this type of visa, both parties must be able to be legally married in the United States, and they must have legally terminated any previous marriages through divorce or annulment, or a previous marriage may have ended because of the death of a spouse. A couple is generally required to have met each other face-to-face at least one time within the two years before filing a visa application. However, a couple may receive an exemption to this requirement if meeting in-person would go against the foreign fiancé(e)'s violate long-standing religious or cultural customs or if meeting with the other party would result in extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

After a couple applies for a visa and submits all required documentation, immigration officials will review the information, and if they determine that the foreign fiancé(e) qualifies, a K-1 visa will be issued. After the foreign fiancé(e) enters the United States, the couple's marriage must take place within 90 days. The foreign-born spouse may then apply for a green card. They will receive a conditional green card. This green card will expire after two years. To ensure that they will be able to remain in the United States, the foreign spouse will need to submit a petition for a permanent green card within three months before their conditional green card expires. After a permanent green card is issued, a person will receive lawful permanent resident status.

If the foreign fiancé(e) has one or more minor children who are unmarried, these children may apply for a visa along with their parent. A K-2 visa will be issued for chidren, and after the couple gets married, the children can also apply for green cards. After being admitted to the U.S. on a K visa, a person can apply for work authorization that will allow them to be employed in the U.S.

Contact Our Grapevine Fiancé Visa Attorneys

If you plan to get married to a person from another country, you will want to make sure you meet all of your requirements when applying for a K visa. In some cases, you may need to provide documentation to show that your marriage is legitimate and that you meet other eligibility criteria. Our lawyers can help you make sure you complete your visa application correctly and provide the necessary documentation. To get legal help with the immigration process, contact us today by calling our office at 214-609-2242. We help address issues related to fiancé visas in Arlington, Carrollton, Grand Prairie, Addison, Coppell, Grapevine, Dallas County, Irving, Bedford, Farmers Branch, and Euless.

  • Trust Analytica
  • Best Law Firm
  • Martindale
  • Martindale
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • Super Lawyer
  • Elite Lawyer
  • Best Lawyers
  • Leading Counsel
  • Top Immigration Lawyer in Fort Worth
  • Three Best Rated
  • Three Best Rated 2024
  • Three Best Rated 2023
  • Legal Directorate
Spanish Back to Top